Commemorative Northern Cross
- Published: 10 April 2010 10 April 2010
- Last Updated: 07 April 2012 07 April 2012
Awarded to non-Finnish troops serving in Finland
This cross existed in three versions:
1. With the dates 1941-42 and the text "Pohjoirintama - Die Nordfront" ("The Northern Front" in Finnish and German), called Nordfrontkreuz in German.
2. With the dates 1941-43 and the text "Lapinrintama - Die Lapplandfront" ("The Lapland Front" in Finnish and German), called Lapplandfrontkreuz in German.
3. With the dates 1941-44 and the text "Jaamerenrintama - Die Eismeerfront" ("The Artic Ocean Front" in Finnish and German), called Eismeerfrontkreuz in German.
It is unclear if this was an official award or not.
Photo courtesy of Rusfront
Research by the AHF Staff