1. Military Frontier Battalion (Croatia)
- Published: 17 February 2013 17 February 2013
- Last Updated: 17 February 2013 17 February 2013
(1. Vokra bojna)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed mid-July 1941 in Bileća in Hercegovina by renaming the 7th Expeditionary Battalion. (1)
Dec 41: Bn. HQ in Bijeljina, located along the Drina River 49 km NE of Tuzla. [Note: this does not appear to be correct, even though it comes from primary sources].
10 Jan 42: Bn. HQ in Bileća/38 km NE of Dubrovnik in Hercegovina.
1 Apr 42: 3d Co. of this battalion was stationed in or around Gacko/33 km N of Bileća.
11 May 42: disbanded this date and its men incorporated into III Corps.
Bojnik Rudolf Jagić (Jul 1941 - ?)
1. Arhiv VII, kut. 134a; Colić, Mladen - Takozvana Nezavisna Država Hrvatska 1941 (Belgrade: Delta-pres, 1973), pp.224-26; Colić, Mladen - Oružane snage NDH u Bosni i Hercegovini 1942-1943, in: AVNOJ i narodnooslobodilačka borba u Bosni i Hercegovini 1942-1943 (Belgrade, 1974), pp.346-47; [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda. Tom IV/5, p.347; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-315 roll 2266/963).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -