2. Infantry Division (Croatia)
- Published: 09 February 2013 09 February 2013
- Last Updated: 09 February 2013 09 February 2013
(2. pješačka divizija)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed on or about 1 August 1941 with HQ in Banja Luka (ex-Vrbaska Division). Division HQ moved to Bihać by April 1942, and then moved again to Bos.Novi by September. On 7 November 1942 the HQ was in Kostajnica, and then transferred to Topusko on 15 July 1943 where it was used to form the HQ and staff of the reorganized 3d Mountain Brigade around 1 August 1943. (1)
See the infantry regiments and other units listed under the Division’s order of battle.
General Dragutin Rumler (? Aug 1941 - ?)
Pukovnik Ivan Tomašević (? - ?) Nov 1941, Nov 1942
Pukovnik Walzl, acting? (? - ?) Aug 1942
Pukovnik Matija Čanić (? - ?) Sep 1942, Nov 1942
Pukovnik Mirko Gregurić (? - ? July 1943) June 1943
II Territorial Corps (Nov 1941 - July 1943)
Order of battle (20 Oct 1941)
3d Infantry Rgt.
12th Infantry Rgt.
15th Infantry Rgt.
VIII Artillery Group
1. Colić, Mladen - Takozvana Nezavisna Država Hrvatska 1941; [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, Tom V/32; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-315 roll 2258/896).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -