36. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Dubrava"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(36. pripremna ustaška bojna “Dubrava”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed approximately April 1942 in Dubrovnik (the seat of Velika Župa Dubrava) with an initial strength of 120 men. The Battalion served as a security guard for the Ustasha Stožer (Headquarters or staff) in Dubrovnik and received military training in preparation for eventual call-up into the active Ustasha. No further information has been found, but it was probably disbanded in 1943 and its personnel used to replenish other Ustasha units. (1)
1. [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda. Tom V/8, p.506; V/9, p.487; V/12, p.521; [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Hronologija oslobodilačke borbe naroda jugoslavije 1941-1945, p.410; [ - ] - Druga godina narodnooslobodilačkog rata na području Karlovaca, Korduna, Gline, Like, Gorskog kotara, Pokuplja i Žumberka (Karlovac, 1973), p.56; Bulat, Rade - Žumberak I Pokuplje u narodnooslobodilačkoj borbi (Zagreb: Kultura, 1951).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -