28. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Vuka"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(28. pripremna ustaška bojna “Vuka”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Place and date of formation are not known, but the seat of Velika Župa Vuka was in Vukovar. On 1 October 1942 the Bn. HQ was in Vukovar with 1st Co. in Velika Remete, 2d Co. in Besenovo, and 3d Co. and 4th Co. in Beočin serving as factory guards. The Battalion reported 378 men on hand in a strength return dated 1 Dec 42. No further information has been found, but it was probably disbanded in 1943 and its personnel used to replenish other Ustasha units. (1)
1. NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -