20. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Zagorje"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(20. pripremna ustaška bojna “Zagorje”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Place and date of formation are not known, but the seat of Velika Župa Zagorje was in Varaždin. On 1 October 1942 the Bn. HQ was in Varaždin with 1st Co. detached in Golugovec guarding a mine that was located there. Total Battalion strength was given as 110 on 1 Dec 42. No further information has been found, but it was probably disbanded in 1943 and its personnel used to replenish other Ustasha units. (1)
1. NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -