17. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Vinodol and Podgorje"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(17. pripremna ustaška bojna “Vinodol I Podgorje”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Place and date of formation are not known, but the seat of Velika Župa Vinodol and Podgorje was in Senj. In April 1942 in was in Senj on the coast of northern Dalmatia. Operating fron Senj, elements of the Battalion fought a brief engagement with Partisans in a nearby village on 25 Mar 43, losing 4 killed. In Aug 43 it was activated and renamed XIX Ustasha Battalion. (1)
1. Arhiv VII, kut. 134a, reg.br. 4/1; [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda. Tom V/13, p.664; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 448/727.
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -