13. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Cetina"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(13. pripremna ustaška bojna “Cetina”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Place and date of formation are not known, but the seat of Velika Župa Cetina was in Omiš. In April 1942 the Battalion was in Omiš, but by 1 October 1942 it had moved to Imotski with a Bn. HQ and 1st – 3d Co. It remained in Imotski until 12 February 1943 when the town was captured by the 2d Proletarian Division and the 4th Dalmatian Brigade. It withdrew from the town with its 1,200 men after blowing up two buildings containing rifles and ammunition and moved back to Omiš. In August 1943 it was activated as XXVI Ustasha Battalion in Omiš. (1)
1. Arhiv VII, kut. 134a, reg.br. 4/1; Gizdić, Drago - Dalmacija 1943, (Zagreb, 1962), p.108; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627 and 727).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -