12. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Modruš"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(12. pripremna ustaška bojna “Modruš”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Place and date of formation are not known, but the seat of Velika Župa Modruš was in Ogulin. In April 1942 the Battalion was stationed in Ogulin, and it was still there on 1 October 1942 and 1 December 1942 with a Bn. HQ and 1st Co. No other companies existed at that time. On 10 May 1943 it was being used to help mop up a woods near Donja Dubrava together with elements of X Ustasha Battalion, but no Partisans were found. The Battalion participated in an offensive sweep in the Bosiljevo area/24 km SW of Karlovac along with 1st Co. of the V Ustasha Battalion. In August 1943 it was activated as XXXIII Ustasha Battalion. (1)
1. Arhiv VII, kut. 134a, reg.br. 4/1; [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda. Tom V/16, p.323; V/17, p.425; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627 and 727).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -