4. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Posavlje"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(4. pripremna ustaška bojna “Posavlje”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Place and date of formation unknown, but the seat of Velika Župa Posavlje was in Slavonski Brod. On 1 October 1942 its Bn. HQ and 1st Co. were in Sl. Brod and circumstantial evidence suggests that this was its only company at that time. The Battalion reported a total strength of 324 men on 1 December, and in January 1943 it was noted as being used as a rapid reaction force along the railway line between Sl. Brod and Nova Gradiška. No further mention of the Battalion has been found. (1)
1. [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda. Tom V/11, p.560; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -