Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge
- Published: 03 March 2013 03 March 2013
- Last Updated: 03 March 2013 03 March 2013
(Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe)
31 March 1942
* Having been awarded General Assault Badge, Infantry Assault Badge or Tank Combat Badge (this award replaced these for members of the Luftwaffe),
* Participation in three assaults,
* Having been wounded during an assault, or
* Having earned an award during an assault
M.u.K.5, G.H. Osang, GB, RK, GWL
Paratropper portait photo
(Courtesy of Bob P.)
Generalleutnant Walter von Hippel
(Courtesy of TH)
It was designed by Professor von Weech.
It is sometimes referred to as the Luftwaffe Ground Combat Badge.
From 11 November 1944 this award was also available in the grades 25, 50, 75 and 100 assaults.
Photo courtesy of Rusfront
Christopher Ailsby - A collectors guide to the Luftwaffe
Christopher Ailsby - World War 2 German medals and political awards
John R. Angolia - For Führer and Fatherland: Military awards of the Third Reich
David Littlejohn - Orders, decorations, medals and badges of the Third Reich
Reference material on this award
Sascha Weber - The Luftwaffe Ground Combat Badge