Tank Combat Badge
- Published: 02 March 2013 02 March 2013
- Last Updated: 02 March 2013 02 March 2013
20 December 1939 (Silver) & 6 June 1940 (Bronze)
* Participation in three armored assaults
* Having been wounded during an assault
* Having earned an award during an assault
* Same as Silver but for non-panzer troops, such as panzer-grenadier troops.
Numbered badges were added on 22 June 1943 for 25, 50, 75 or 100 engagements.
Bronze - Schützen Julius Jantze
Bronze - Unteroffizier Friedrich Will
A, AS, A.W.S. 1942, H, R.K., R.R.S., WM, W, FRANK & REIF
Estimated price (2009)
Silver - €250-300
Bronze - €250-300
Panzer soldier with Panzer Assault Badge
(Courtesy of KS)
Heer NCO wearing the Tank Combat Badge
(Courtesy of Peter Thompson)
It was designed by Ernst Peekhaus.
It is sometimes referred to as the Tank Assault Badge.
Photo courtesy of Rusfront, N & T Global Trading & The Ruptured Duck
Christopher Ailsby - World War 2 German medals and political awards
John R. Angolia - For Führer and Fatherland: Military awards of the Third Reich
David Littlejohn - Orders, decorations, medals and badges of the Third Reich
Detlev Niemann - Price Guide Germany 1871-1945 (2009)