- Published: 21 January 2012 21 January 2012
- Last Updated: 21 July 2013 21 July 2013
The Transportflotte Speer (TFS) was formed in 1937 to assist Generalbauinspektor Albert Speer in the rebuilding of Berlin, in particular to transport the stone needed for the rebuilding.
Following the invasion of Norway pars of the TFS was sent there attached to Organisation Todt and the headquarters of TFS was soon moved from Berlin to Groningen in Holland. From 1942 onwards the TFS became more important to the war effort, not least due to the Allied bombings of bridges and railways, and for the first time men were being drafted into the TFS instead of the regular armed forces.
John R. Angolia & David Littlejohn - NSKK NSFK Uniforms, Organisation & History
Nigel Thomas & Carlos Caballero Jurado - Wehrmacht Auxiliary Forces
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -