Baudienst im Generalgouvernement
- Published: 01 June 2013 01 June 2013
- Last Updated: 01 June 2013 01 June 2013
The Baudienst im Generalgouvernement was formed on 12 December 1940 in the Generalgouvernement (the parts of Poland that were occupied by Germany but not annexed by the it) as a construction service, an equivalent of the Reichsarbeitsdienst. All Polish citizens between 18 and 65 were expected to take part in the compulsory labor service.
A sleeve badge with two crossed pickaxes with a G in a circle.
John R Angolia - In the service of the Reich: Diplomatic & government officials/German Red Cross
David Littlejohn - Foreign legions of the Third Reich, vol 4
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -