Operation "Ostern" (1943-04-15)
- Published: 23 January 2011 23 January 2011
- Last Updated: 07 April 2012 07 April 2012
Dates: 15 – 17 April 1943. (1)
Objective: To engage and destroy a 400 to 500-man Partisan group in the Sunja area of Croatia, 20 kilometers SSE of Sisak, that had been derailing and attacking trains and ambushing road traffic.
Enemy Forces: Banija NOP Detachment.
114. Jäger-Division (elements)
187. Reserve-Division (elements)
Landesschützen-Btl. 823 (elements)
Landesschützen-Btl. 924 (elements)
Landesschützen-Btl. 925 (elements)
Panzerzüge 206 and 209 (armored trains)
II Mountain Brigade (elements)
II Bn./V Mountain Brigade
One (1) company from XVII Ustasha Bn.
Ustasha Co. from Čaprag
Conduct of Operations and Results: The Partisans had fled the area so the operation came up empty-handed. There were no losses on either side.
1. [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, Tom V/14, pp.466-67; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-315 roll 1553/1212-1305).