136. Armored Division Centauro II (Italy)
- Published: 04 August 2010 04 August 2010
- Last Updated: 12 April 2012 12 April 2012
136. Armored Division Centauro II was formed as the 1. Blackshirt Armored Division M (1. Divisione Corazzata Camicie Nere M), redesignated 136. Armored Division M (136. Divisione Corazzata M), 136. Legionary Armored Division Centauro (136. Divisione Corazzata Legionaria Centauro) before recieving its final designation.
In September 1943 it was in training near Rome and fought the Germans as part of the Corpo d'Armata Motocorazzato (CAM) before surrendering.
In some sources the number of this unit is listed as 134 instead of 136.
Piero Crociani & Piero Paolo Battistelli - Italian Blackshirt 1935-45
George F. Nafziger - Italian Order of Battle: An organizational history of the Italian Army in World War II (3 vol)
John Joseph Timothy Sweet - Iron Arm: The Mechanization of Mussolini's Army, 1920-1940
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -