7. Gendarmerie Regiment (Croatia)
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(7. oružnička pukovnija)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed May – Jun 1941 as an independent Gendarmerie detachment in Zemun with some 200 to 300 men, and then on 9 March 1944 expanded and reorganized into a regiment in Zemun. Its HQ moved to Split a few months after than. (1)
1941-45: urban and rural police duties, such as manning Gendarmerie stations and carrying out patrols.
Dec 44: Rgt. HQ still in Split.
Gend. Pukovnik Ladislav Medved (? - ?) Nov 1941, Feb 1942
Order of Battle (May 1944)
Rgt. HQ in Zemun with county or local (kotar) sub-commands in Zemunik, Nin, Obrovac, Benkovac, Sukošan, Pločnik, Zolača, Biograd, Ražanac, Novigrad.
1. Arhiv VII, kut. 114b, reg.br. 1/2; kut. 134a, reg.br. f.3/1-96; [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda; [ - ] - Zbornik Instituta za historiju radničkog pokreta Dalmacije. Knjiga (volume) 4. Split, 1978, p.893.
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -