23. (Domobran) Replacement Brigade (Croatia)
- Published: 16 February 2013 16 February 2013
- Last Updated: 16 February 2013 16 February 2013
(23. doknadni zdrug)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed on or about 1 December 1944 with HQ in Sarajevo by renaming the III (Domobran) Replacement Brigade. Initially had 4 battalions with an estimated strength of 2,000. Assigned to the 16th Croatian Replacement Division on formation. On 6 Apr 45 it transferred from Sarajevo to Stubičke Toplice/16 km N of Zagreb and on 22 April Brigade elements were identified in the Koprivnica – Križevci area.
In late April 1945 re-designated XXII Ustasha Replacement Brigade. (1)
1. Colić 1976, p.1050; NARA WashDC: RG 226 (OSS intelligence reports 110433 and 126034); RG 331 (roll 447-B).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -