Law concerning Armed Forces
- Published: 01 May 2010 01 May 2010
- Last Updated: 07 April 2012 07 April 2012
Document Number: 2984-PS
Date: 21 May 1935
Signed by: Hitler, von Blomberg, Frick
PARTIAL TRANSLATION OF DOCUMENT 2984-PS
1935 REICHSGESETZBLATT, PART I, PAGES 609, 611, 614
Law concerning Armed Forces of 21 May 1935,
Chapter II, Section 15.
(1) Aryan descent is a prerequisite for active service in the Armed Forces.
(2) An examining committee will determine whether and to what extent exceptions may be permitted in accordance with directives which the Reich Minister of the Interior sets forth, in agreement with the Reich Minister of War.
(3) Only persons of Aryan descent may become officers in the Armed Forces.
(4) Members of the Armed Forces and of the reserve who are of Aryan descent, are prohibited from marrying persons of non-Aryan descent. Contraventions will result in the loss of any military rating.
(5) The service of non-Aryans during war remains subject to special regulations.
* * * * * * *
The Fuehrer and Reich Chancellor
The Reich Minister of Defense
The Reich Minister of the Interior
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.