The Mobile Brigade (also Pilfousek Brigade) was formed from the Mobile Group 8 July 1941 and was upgraded to the Mobile Division in August 1941.

Commanders

Rudolf Pilfousek

Order of battle (21 July 1941)

HQ
Motorized Reconnaissance Group
  HQ
  Armored Car Platoon
  Anti-Tank Platoon
  2 x Bicycle Company
  Engineer Platoon
2/6. Infantry Regiment (mot)
  HQ
  Radio Platoon
  Anti-Tank Platoon
  Mortar Platoon
  Infantry Gun Section
  3 x Infantry Company
  Machine Gun Company
Armored Regiment
  Staff Company
  2 x Tank Company
  3 x Anti-Tank Company
1/11. Armored Regiment
  HQ
  Radio Platoon
  3 x Battery (100mm howitzers)
  1 x Battery (105mm guns)
Engineer Company
Radio Company
15. Anti-aircraft Battery
Automobile Repair Shop
315. Truck Column

 

One of the three OA vz. 27 heavy armored cars used by Slovakian forces, 1941
sk-oavz27
(Courtesy of Thorleif Olsson)

 

Sources used

Mark W. A. Axworthy - Axis Slovakia: Hitler's Slavic Wedge, 1938-1945
Charles K. Kliment & Bretislav Nakládal - Germany's First Ally: Armed forces of the Slovak state 1939-1945
George F. Nafziger - The German Order of Battle: Waffen SS and other units in World War II

Reference material on this unit

- None known at this time -

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.