by Gareth Collins

Formed in September 1939 with 8 fishing steamers and employed in the North Sea. With the progression of the Western Offensive, the Flotilla was moved to the north coast of France & operated between Saint-Malo & the Channel Islands. After the Allied invasion of France in June 1944 the Flotilla became subordinate to the Seekommandant Kanalinseln & based at St. Hélier. In August 1944 the Flotilla Chief was also designated Chef der Geleitstelle St. Hélier. In December 1944 the Flotilla was dissolved and it's Kriegsfischkutter (KFK) were split into small independent groups.

Flottillenchef

Korvettenkapitän der Reserve Maximilian Fels (00 Sep 1939-00 Jun 1940)
Fregattenkapitän der Reserve Dr.rer.pol. Karl Diederichs (00 Jul 1940-00 May 1943)
Kapitän zur See der Reserve Otto Lensch (00 Jun 1943-00 Dec 1944)

Subordinate Units & Vessels

V-201
V-202
V-203
V-204
V-205
V-206
V-207
V-208
V-209
V-210
V-211
V-212
V-213
V-214
V-215
V-216

Sources used

Research by Gareth Collins
Erich Gröner - Die Schiffe der deutschen Kriegsmarine und ihr Verbleib 1939-1945, J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, München (1976)
Hans H. Hildebrand - Die organisatorische Entwicklung der Marine nebst Stellenbesetzung 1848 bis 1945, Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück (2000)
Hans H. Hildebrand & Ernest Henriot – Deutschlands Admirale 1849-1945, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück (1989)
Hans H. Hildebrand, Albert Röhr & Hans-Otto Steinmetz – Die Deutschen Kriegsschiffe, Koehlers Verlagsgesellschaft mbH, Hamburg (1980)
Walter Lohmann & Hans H. Hildebrand – Die Deutsche Kriegsmarine, Verlag Hans-Henning Podzun, Bad Nauheim (1956)

Reference material on this unit

- None known at this time -

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.