by Gareth Collins

Formed in July 1944 from R-Boote of the Schools and initially called Räumbootsflottille z.b.V.. The Flotilla was employed in the eastern & central Baltic.

After the war it was moved to the Netherlands and employed for mine clearing off the Dutch coast. It was dissolved in the end of 1947 and its boats taken over by the Netherlands, Denmark & America.

Flottillenchef

Korvettenkapitän Albert Zaage (00 Jul 1944-00 Mar 1945)
Kapitänleutnant Paul Voß (00 Mar 1945-00 May 1945)

Subordinate Units & Vessels

R-55
R-71
R-102
R-167
R-170
R-174
R-175
R-176
R-181
R-220
R-241
R-246
R-249
R-290

Sources used

Research by Gareth Collins
Erich Gröner - Die Schiffe der deutschen Kriegsmarine und ihr Verbleib 1939-1945, J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, München (1976)
Hans H. Hildebrand - Die organisatorische Entwicklung der Marine nebst Stellenbesetzung 1848 bis 1945, Biblio-Verlag, Osnabrück (2000)
Hans H. Hildebrand & Ernest Henriot – Deutschlands Admirale 1849-1945, Biblio Verlag, Osnabrück (1989)
Hans H. Hildebrand, Albert Röhr & Hans-Otto Steinmetz – Die Deutschen Kriegsschiffe, Koehlers Verlagsgesellschaft mbH, Hamburg (1980)
Walter Lohmann & Hans H. Hildebrand – Die Deutsche Kriegsmarine, Verlag Hans-Henning Podzun, Bad Nauheim (1956)

Reference material on this unit

- None known at this time -

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.