2. Blackshirt Division 28 Ottobre (Italy)
- Published: 04 August 2010 04 August 2010
- Last Updated: 12 April 2012 12 April 2012
The 2. Blackshirt Division 28 Ottobre (2. Divisione CCNN 28 Ottobre) was formed in 1935 for service in the Italo-Ethiopian War and was disbanded after the end of that war in 1936.
A new 2. Blackshirt Division 28 Ottobre was formed in 1939 and was sent to Libya in the summer of 1940. It took part in the invasion of Egypt and was destroyed at Bardia in January 1941.
Elements of this division was used to strenghten Libyan units.
It was named 28 Ottobre (28 October) in the honor of the March on Rome 28 October 1922.
Order of battle
231. CCNN Legion
- 131. M.S. Marrone & G. Paolini CCNN Battalion
- 132. Monte Velino CCNN Battalion
- 135. Gran Sasso CCNN Battalion
238. CCNN Legion
- 138. R. Padovani CCNN Battalion
- 140. Aquila CCNN Battalion
- 145. Pisacane CCNN Battalion
2. CCNN Anti-tank Company
202. MG Battalion
202. Artillery Regiment
202. Mixed Engineer Battalion
Piero Crociani & Piero Paolo Battistelli - Italian Blackshirt 1935-45
George F. Nafziger - Italian Order of Battle: An organizational history of the Italian Army in World War II (3 vol)
Rex Tyre - Mussolini's Afrika Korps: The Italian Army in North Africa 1940-1943
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.