1. Infantry Division Superga (Italy)
- Published: 09 August 2010 09 August 2010
- Last Updated: 04 May 2013 04 May 2013
The 1. Infantry Division Superga was raised in 1940 and took part in the campaign against France. It was reorganized for the planned invasion of Malta but was instead sent to Tunisia in November 1942.
It was destroyed in May 1943 fighting against the British forces.
In some sources this division is incorrectly listed as an Assault and landing division.
Order of battle
91. Basilicata Infantry Regiment
92. Basilicata Infantry Regiment
5. Superga Artillery Regiment
- 2 x Battalion
- 2 x Battalion (mot)
- 3 x Battery
1. Anti-Tank Battalion
101. Engineer Battalion
- 1. Signals Company
- 14. Pioneer Company
1. Carabinieri Section
2. Carabinieri Section
80. Field Post Office
George F. Nafziger - Italian Order of Battle: An organizational history of the Italian Army in World War II (3 vol)
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.