The 2. Celere Division Emanuele Filiberto Testa di Ferro was mobilized in 1940 as a cavalry division and served in Yugoslavia, first during the invasion and later as an occupying force. In May 1942 it began converting into 134. Armored Division Freccia but that was cancelled and instead it became a Celere division.
In December 1942 it was transferred to Toulon in France where it remained until September 1943 when it returned to Italy where it was disbanded.

Order of battle (August 1940)

1. Firenze Lancer Regiment
2. Vittorio Emmanuel II Lancer Regiment
San Marco Armored Battalion
2. Autocelere Artillery Regiment (mot)
6. Bersaglieri Regiment
352. Carabinieri Section
2. Transportation Unit
8. Road Movement Unit
33. Field Post Office
102. Mixed Engineer Company
72. Medical Section
157. Field Hospital
158. Field Hospital
159. Field Hospital
212. Mixed Motor Transport Group Command
862. Light Motor Transport Detachment
863. Light Motor Transport Detachment
864. Light Motor Transport Detachment
35. Mixed Motor Transport Detachment
8. Road Recover Unit
Fuel Section

Sources used

Dr Jeffrey T. Fowler - Axis Cavalry in World War II
George F. Nafziger - Italian Order of Battle: An organizational history of the Italian Army in World War II (3 vol)

Reference material on this unit

- None known at this time -

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.