The 21. Light Division was formed from 21. Infantry Brigade 17 February 1942. It was disbanded 10 August 1943 but its headquarters continued to exist until May 1944. The remants of the unit was transferred to the 18. Reserve Division.

Commanders

Brigadier General Béla Tarnay (? Feb 1942 - 1 June 1943)
Colonel Géza Pusztakürthy (1 June 1943 - 1 Aug 1943)
Brigadier General Géza Ehrlich (1 Aug 1943 - ? 1944)
Brigadier General László Miskey (? 1944 - ? Mar 1944)
None (? Mar 1944 - 15 May 1944)

Order of Battle (July 1943)

41. Infantry Regiment
44. Infantry Regiment
Cavalry Company
Anti-Aircraft Company
Signal Company

Sources used

Andris J. Kursietis - The Hungarian Army and its military leadership in World War II
Leo W.G. Niehorster - The Royal Hungarian Army 1920-1945

Reference material on this unit

- None known at this time -

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.