SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Brigade Landstorm Nederland
- Published: 25 December 2010 25 December 2010
- Last Updated: 09 October 2012 09 October 2012
SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Brigade Landstorm Nederland was formed when SS-Grenadier-Regiment 1 Landstorm Nederland was upgraded to a brigade along with manpower from the concentration camp guard unit SS-Wachbataillon 3 (SS-Wach-Bataillon Nordwest), SS-Flak-Batterie Glingendaal, other Dutch Waffen-SS units and the Dutch Nazi-party, Nationaal-Socialistische Beweging (NSB).
It was upgraded to 34. SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division Landstorm Nederland in February 1945.
SS-Standartenführer Martin Kohlroser (2 Nov 1944 - 10 Feb 1945)
Dec 1944 7.000
Order of battle
SS-Freiwilligen-Regiment 83 Landstorm Nederland
- I./SS-Freiwilligen-Regiment 83 Landstorm Nederland
- II./SS-Freiwilligen-Regiment 83 Landstorm Nederland
SS-Freiwilligen-Regiment 84 Landstorm Nederland
- I./SS-Freiwilligen-Regiment 84 Landstorm Nederland
- II./SS-Freiwilligen-Regiment 84 Landstorm Nederland
- Feld-Ersatz-Bataillon Landstorm Nederland
Kurt Mehner - Die Waffen-SS und Polizei 1939-1945
James Pontolillo - Murderous Elite: The Waffen-SS and its complete record of war crimes
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.