- Published: 28 December 2010 28 December 2010
- Last Updated: 08 September 2012 08 September 2012
The Kampfgruppe Zehender (or Kampfgruppe Z) was formed in April 1942 for anti-partisan operations in Unternehmen Spätlese from SS-Kavallerie-Regiment 2, I./SS-Artillerie-Abteilung, SS-Radfahr-Aufklärungs-Abteilung (all from SS-Kavallerie-Division) with the addition from soldiers from 330. Infanterie-Division. It was disbanded in August with its personnel returning to the SS-Kavallerie-Division.
98 officers, 465 NCO and 4024 soldiers
Holders of high awards
Holders of the German Cross in Gold (6)
- Brennenstuhl, Martin, 17.04.1943, SS-Oscha., 4./Kampfgruppe Zehender
- Ertl, Hans, 17.04.1943, SS-Ustuf., I.Abt./Kampfgruppe Zehender
- Keßler, Arthur, 17.04.1943, SS-Hstuf., Pz.Jäg.Kp./Kampfgruppe Zehender
- Luyken, Alfred, 17.05.1943, SS-Ustuf., Pz.Jäg.Kp./Kampfgruppe Zehender
- Maas, Karl, 17.05.1943, SS-Ustuf., Stb./Kampfgruppe Zehender
- Weeke, Karl, 26.05.1943, SS-Ostuf., 6./Kampfgruppe Zehender
Research by AHF Staff
Mark C. Yerger - German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police, Volume 4: Cavalry Brigade & Divisions
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.