- Published: 28 December 2010 28 December 2010
- Last Updated: 07 April 2012 07 April 2012
Known official mentioning and assignment :
22.12.1942 / XXIV. Pz.Korps / ital. AOK 8 / HGr B
11.02.1943 / XXIV. Pz.Korps , reserve at Armee.Abteilung Luny / ital. AOK 8 / HGr B
Officially disbanded in the summer of 1943 but by 4 February the remanants of KG were, in Kiew, already loaded on trains for Germany.
CommandersSS-Oberführer Fegelein (? Dec 1942 - 25 Dec 1942)
SS-Hauptsturmführer Liecke (25 Dec 1942 - ? Jan 1943)
SS-Standartenführer Dörfler-Schuband (? Jan 1943 - ? Feb 1943)
Holders of high awardsHolders of the German Cross in Gold (5)
- Becher, Kurt, 15.01.1943, SS-Hauptsturmführer, SS-Kampfgruppe Fegelein
- Diergarten, Hans 15.01.1943 SS-Hauptsturmführer i. d. SS-Kgr Fegelein
- Muscheid, Rudolf, 21.05.1943, SS-Oberscharführer, Stu.Gesch.Battr./Kav.Gruppe Fegelein
- Rehbein, Franz, 15.01.1943, SS-Hauptsturmführer, SS-Kampfgruppe Fegelein
- Rehfeld, Emil, 15.01.1943, SS-Sturmbannführer, SS-Kampfgruppe Fegelein
Holders of the Knight's Cross (1)
- Fegelein, Hermann [157. EL] 22.12.1942 SS-Oberführer Kdr Kgr Fegelein (immediate award)
Order of battle (Dec 1942)Stab of former SS-Kav.Brig. (including two stugs)
II./Pol.Inf.Rgt.3 (mot.) -> SS-Polizei Division
FH battery (equipped with french artillery pieces)
Elements of II./Pz.Art.Rgt.127 -> 27.Pz.Div.
Elements of Fhr.Flak.Rgt. (mot. Z.) (equipped with 8,8 & 2 cm guns)
Remenants of Pol.Rgt.15 (Hptm.d.Schp. Sauer) (with two Italian tanks)
Sources usedResearch by AHF Staff
Reference material on this unit- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.