- Published: 29 January 2012 29 January 2012
- Last Updated: 07 April 2012 07 April 2012
The battalion was used in anti-partisan operations in the Generalgouvernement and Ukraine.
It suffered heavy losses during the fighting in 1944 and was strengthened by absorbing elements of the disbanded Polizei-Reiter-Abteilung II.
In 1943 "SS" was added to the name and it was known as the SS-Polizei-Reiter-Abteilung I.
CommandersMajor Adolf Hahn
Order of battle (1941)Stab
1. Schwadron (Hauptmann Günther Bock)
2. Schwadron (Hauptmann Aschrich)
3. Schwadron (Hauptmann Schwarzinger)
Police cavalry from Berlin in Poland November 1939, the first squadron was formed from these early units
(Courtesy of Bundesarchiv/Wikimedia, licensed under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 Germany)
Sources usedResearch by Roland Pfeiffer
Stefan Klemp - "Nicht ermittelt" Polizeibataillone und die Nachkriegsjustiz
Antonio Muñoz - Hitler's White Russians