Sanitäts-Ersatzabteilung- und Kp. d.Lw.
- Published: 05 April 2012 05 April 2012
- Last Updated: 07 April 2012 07 April 2012
by Henry L. deZeng IV
From August 1939 to 1942, the Luftwaffe had an unknown number of Sanitäts-Ersatz-Kp. scattered about in the various Luftgäue. Each had a KStN allowance of 9 officers, 20 NCOs, 190 men, 2 officials, 5 ambulances, 1 car, 4 trucks and 2 motorcycles. Only two of these have been identified: San.Ers.Kp. 13 at Eger (moved to Bayreuth in summer 1940), and San.Ers.Kp. 3/XI in northwestern Germany. In 1942 these companies were consolidated into Sanitäts-Ersatz-Abt. d.Lw. at Bad Saalow near Zossen, where it remained until the end of the war subordinated to the Luftwaffen-Ersatz-Division. It did not have a number because it was the only one.
KStN: 5475 (L) for the Stab and 5476 (L) for the Kp.
Sources usedNARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-321 roll 3, roll 43; roll 50/6150, roll 115/001ff); Waiss, Walter - Boelcke Archiv, Band 1: Die Briefe vom Stabsarzt der III./KG 27 Boelcke, Dr. Keller, 1939-1945 (Neuss, privately published, 1997), p.13.
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.