- Published: 25 December 2011 25 December 2011
- Last Updated: 15 July 2013 15 July 2013
The 201. Sicherungs-Division was formed in June 1942 from Sicherungs-Brigade 201. It was attached to Heeresgruppe Nord serving behind the front lines until September 1942 when it was transferred to Heeresgruppe Mitte where it worked rear-area security duties for a year until it was sent to the front lines.
It suffered very heavy casualties near Minsk in June 1944, most of the division was destroyed and only elements survived to be transferred to Heeresgruppe Nord and ended the war in the Courland Pocket.
Generalleutnant Eugen Demoll (? Mar 1942 - 20 May 1942)
Generalleutnant Alfred Jacobi (20 May 1942 - 13 Oct 1944)
Generalmajor Martin Berg (13 Oct 1944 - 20 Oct 1944)
Generalmajor Anton Eberth (20 Oct 1944 - 8 May 1945)
Operations Officers (Ia)
Oberstleutnant Wilhelm Hasenauer (May 1942-Jul 1944)
Rittmeister Otto Jüngst (Jul 1944-?)
Major Karl-Otto Behrendt (5 Nov 1944-20 Jan 1945)
Area of operations
Eastern front, northern sector (Mar 1942 - Sep 1942)
Eastern front, central sector (Sep 1942 - June 1944)
Eastern front, northern sector (June 1944 - Oct 1944)
Kurland pocket (Oct 1944 - May 1945)
Holders of high awards
Holders of the Commendation Certificate of the Commander-in-Chief of the Army (1)
- Jäschke, Werner, 15.12.1944 (4843), Feldwebel, Zugführer i. d. 10./Sich.Rgt. 51
Holders of the German Cross in Gold (6)
- Beier, Arnim, 04.02.1944, Hauptmann, III./Gren.Rgt. 406
- Brömmer, Herbert, 22.12.1944, Hauptmann, Gren.Rgt. 406
- Grellert, August, 10.02.1944, Major, II./Gren.Rgt. 406
- Hörath, Gotthard, 04.02.1944, Hauptmann, 10./Gren.Rgt. 406
- Jacobi, Alfred, 17.12.1943, Generalleutnant, Kdr. 201. Sich.Div.
- Kühme, Kurt, 09.10.1944, Oberst z.V., Gren.Rgt. 406
Order of battle
III. / Artillerie-Regiment 213
Osttruppen attached to 201.Sicherungs-Division (5 Sep 1943)
Osttruppen attached to 201. Sicherungs-Division (22 Nov 1943)
Research by Jason von Zerneck
Andris J. Kursietis - The Wehrmacht at War 1939-1945
Samuel W. Mitcham Jr - Hitler's Legions: The German Army Order of Battle World War II
George F. Nafziger - The German Order of Battle: Infantry in World War II
Georg Tessin - Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht 1933-1945
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.