The 154. Reserve-Division was formed in September 1942 from Division Nr. 154 and was stationed in Landshut, Poland. Elements of it were transferred to Infanterie-Division Generalgouvernement in March 1944 and it was redesignated 154. Feldausbildungs-Division in October 1944.

Commanders

Generalleutnant Friedrich Altrichter (? Sep 1942 - 20 Apr 1944)
Generalleutnant Alfred Thielmann (20 Apr 1944 - 1 Oct 1944)

Area of operations

Poland (Sep 1942 - Mar 1944)
Eastern front, central sector (Mar 1944 - Oct 1944)

Order of battle

Reserve-Grenadier-Regiment 56
Reserve-Grenadier-Regiment 223
Reserve-Grenadier-Regiment 255
Reserve-Artillerie-Abteilung 24
Reserve-Pionier-Bataillon 24  

Sources used

Andris J. Kursietis - The Wehrmacht at War 1939-1945
Samuel W. Mitcham Jr - Hitler's Legions: The German Army Order of Battle World War II
George F. Nafziger - The German Order of Battle: Infantry in World War II
Georg Tessin - Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht 1933-1945

Reference material on this unit

- None known at this time -

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.