The 273. Reserve-Panzer-Division was formed in Würzburg in November 1943 and was stationed in southwestern France near the Spanish border. It provided men for the refitting of 10. Panzergrenadier-Division in March 1944 and for 11. Panzer-Division in May 1944, following this it was disbanded.

Commanders

Generalleutnant Hellmuth von der Chevallerie (15 Nov 1943 - 9 May 1944)

Area of operations

France (Nov 1943 - May 1944)

Order of battle

Panzer Regiment 25
Reserve Panzer Grenadier Regiment 92
Reserve Grenadier Regiment (mot) 73
Reserve Artillerie Abteilung 167
Reserve Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung 7
Reserve Panzerjäger Abteilung 7
Reserve Panzerjäger Abteilung 10
Reserve Panzer Pionier Bataillon 19
Reserve Panzer Versorgungstruppen

Sources used

François de Lannoy & Josef Charita - Panzertruppen: German armored troops 1935-1945
Samuel W. Mitcham Jr - The Panzer Legions: A guide to the German Army Tank Divisions of WWII and Their Commanders
Georg Tessin - Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht 1933-1945

Reference material on this unit

- None known at this time -

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.