- Published: 20 November 2011 20 November 2011
- Last Updated: 17 July 2013 17 July 2013
The 4. Leichte-Division was formed in Wien on 1 April 1938 from the Schnelle Division of the Austrian Bundesheer. It took part in the occupation of Czechoslovakia in March 1939 and later fought in the invasion of Poland with the XVIII Korps.
It was reorganized and redesignated 9. Panzer-Division on 3 January 1940.
General der Panzertruppen Dr. Alfred Ritter von Hubicki (1 Sep 1939 - 3 Jan 1940)
Area of operations
Poland (Sep 1939 - Jan 1940)
Order of battle
Alfred Ritter von Hubicki (Generalmajor in the Austrian Bundesheer before the Anschluss)
Prince Johann Giselbert of Salm-Horstmar (KIA 9 September 1939 in Poland while serving in Aufklärungs-Regiment 9)
François de Lannoy & Josef Charita - Panzertruppen: German armored troops 1935-1945
Georg Tessin - Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht 1933-1945
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.