by John Mulholland

WEHRKREIS IV – HQ: Dresden.

Divisions Affiliated with Wkr.IV:
4 Mtn, 14 Pz, 14, 18 Pz, 24, 39, 56, 87, 94, 134, 154, 174, 223, 256, 255, 275, 280, 294, 304, 336, 372, 384, 404 Rep, 464 Rep, 557, 568, 704

Kommandeur der Ersatztruppen IV (Commander of Replacement Troops, Wkr.IV.)
- Aug.1939: Formed in Dresden.
Div.Nr.154 (154.Replacement and Training Division)
Home Station: Leipzig.
- Nov.1939: Formed as 154.Division from the staff of Kommandeur der Ersatztruppen IV.
- 27 Dec.1939: Renamed Div.Nr.154, it was responsible for all Replacement and Training duties in Wkr.IV until Div.Nr.174 was formed in June of 1940.
- 15 Sep.1942: Restructured as the 154.Res.Div. and sent to the Generalgouvernement while its Replacement units were absorbed by the newly formed Div.Nr.404.
- Oct.1944: Reorganized as the 154.Feldausbildungsdivision while serving with HGrp.”A” in the northern Ukraine.
- Mar.1945: 154.Fld-Ausb.Division’s Training duties were taken over by Div.Nr.404 when the 154th was upgraded to full Infanteriedivision status.
Order of Battle – Jun.1940 :
Inf.Ers.Reg.4 (Inf.Ers.Btl.10, 192)
Inf.Ers.Reg.223 (Inf.Ers.Btl.171, 344, 385)
Inf.Ers.Reg.255 (Inf.Ers.Btl.103, 425, 455)
Inf.Ers.Reg.256 (Inf.Ers.Btl.32, 52, 234, 256)

Div.Nr.174 (174.Replacement and Training Division)
Home Station: Chemnitz / Lublin.
- 10 Jun.1940: Formed as Div.Nr.174 to assist Div.Nr.154 with its extra Replacement and Training duties.
- 15 Sep.1942: Restructured as the 174.Res.Div. and sent to the Generalgouvernement. Its Replacement duties were taken over by the newly created Div.Nr.464.
- Jul.1944: Upgraded and renamed 26.Infanteriedivision, its Training functions reverted back to Wkr.IV.
Order of Battle – Mar 1940 :
Inf.Ers.Reg.14 (Inf.Ers.Btl.11, 53, 101, 173)
Inf.Ers.Reg.24 (Inf.Ers.Btl.102, 394, 456, 475)
Inf.Ers.Reg.209 (Inf.Ers.Btl.31, 185, 304, 476)

Div.Nr.404 (404.Replacement and Training Division)
Home Station: Dresden.
- 24 Oct.1939: Formed as Div.Stb.z.b.V.404 in Dresden.
- 25 Sep.1942: Upgraded to Div.Nr.404 after taking control of the Replacement functions of the departing 154.Res.Div.
- Mar.1945: Took over the Training duties of the 154.Fld-Ausb.Div. after it was made an Infanteriedivision.
- Apr.1945: Split into Ers.Div.404 (serving with AOK 7) and Ausb.Div.404 (serving with PzAOK 4), both under Heeresgruppe Mitte (Army Group Centre).
Div.Stb.z.b.V.404
Order of Battle - Mar.1940:
Ldschtz.Btl.351, 353, 357, 359, 360, 362, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 371, 372, 375, 377, Ldschtz.Ers.Btl.4
Div.Nr.404
Order of Battle – Dec.1943 :
Gren.Ers.Reg.524 (Gren.Ers.Btl.171, 192, 475, 514)
Gren.Ers.Reg.544 (Gren.Ers.Btl.385, 425, 440, 455)
Gren.Ers.Reg.554 (Gren.Ers.Btl.32, 234, 414, 476, 513)

Div.Nr.464 (464.Replacement and Training Division)
Home Station: Chemnitz.
- 23 Sep.1942: Formed as Div.Nr.464 to take over the Replacement duties of the departing 174.Res.Div. when it moved to the Generalgouvernement.
- Mar.1945: Renamed Ausbildungsdivision 464, it served with PzAOK 4 of HGrp.Mitte.
Order of Battle – Dec.1943 :
Gren.Ers./Ausb.Reg.14 (Gren.Ers.Btl.11, 53, 63, 465)
Gren.Ers.Reg.534 (Gren.Ers.Btl.31, 102, 185, 304, 456)


OTHER ERSATZHEER UNITS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS WEHRKREIS:

Div.Stb.z.b.V.423 (Special Administrative Division Staff)
- 25 Oct.1939: Formed
- Aug.1940: Renamed Oberfeldkommandantur 393.

Div.Stb.z.b.V.431 (Special Administrative Division Staff)
- 20 Oct.1939: Formed in Wkr.IV and later transferred to Wkr.XXI.
- Mar.1943: The division was officially dissolved.
Order of Battle - Mar.1940:
Ldschtz.Reg.53 (Ldschtz.Btl.475, 476, 821)
Ldschtz.Reg.103 (Ldschtz.Btl.254, 308, 814)

Div.Stb.z.b.V.454 (Special Administrative Division Staff)
- 01 Jun.1940: Formed
- Oct.1940: Renamed Div.Stb.z.b.V.412 of Wkr.XII.

Div.Stb.z.b.V.539 (Special Administrative Division Staff)
- 15 Oct.1939: Formed in Prague by renaming the Landesschützen-Kommandeurs I. Its staff was used to form the Wehrmachts-Bevollmächtigten “Bohemia – Moravia” along with Div.Stb.540 of Wkr.XVII.
Order of Battle - Mar.1940:
Ldschtz.Reg.72 (Ldschtz.Btl.504, 618, 822, 373, 374)

Div.Stb.z.b.V.609 (Special Administrative Division Staff)
- 26 Jan.1945: Formed, by order of the O.K.H., in Dresden.
- Feb.1945: Transferred to Breslau, Wkr.VIII.

Fld-Ers.Div. “A” (Field Replacement Division “A”)
- Aug.1941: Formed, in Wkr.IV, to assist with the Replacements to the Ostheer (literally “East Army”).
- Oct.1941: Unit returned to Wkr.IV and was dissolved, later to be reformed in Jan.1942.
Order of Battle – 1941 :
Feldersatz-Regiment A/1
Feldersatz-Regiment A/2
Feldersatz-Regiment A/3
Feldersatz-Regiment A/4
Feldersatz-Regiment A/5

Kommandeur der Schnelletruppen IV (Commander of Mobile Troops, Wkr.IV.)
- May 1942: Formed in Dresden from Stab Schützen-Ersatz-Regiment.4 (Staff: 4th Rifle [Infantry] Replacement Regiment). It was subordinated directly to Wkr.IV to supply Replacement and Training functions for the mobile troops of Wkr.IV.
-  Mar.1943: Renamed Kommandeur der Panzertruppen.IV.
- Apr.1944: Kdr.d.Pz.Trpn.IV became Kdr.d.Pz.Trpn.IX and, thus, was lost to Wkr.IV.

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.