5. Gendarmerie Regiment (Croatia)
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(5. oružnička pukovnija)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed at the beginning of 1942 in Sarajevo to replace the 4th Gendarmerie Rgt., which had moved or was in the process of moving from Sarajevo to Tuzla. (1)
1941-45: urban and rural police duties, such as manning Gendarmerie stations and carrying out patrols.
Sep 44: Rgt. HQ still in Sarajevo.
Gend. Pukovnik Milan Gerač (? - ?) Feb 1942
Gend. Pukovnik Konstantin Pavić (? - ? Jul 1942) Apr 1942
Gend. Pukovnik Stjepan Toma (? Aug 1942 - ?) Feb 1943
Gend. Pukovnik Čamil Osmanagić (? - 18 Aug 1944)
Order of Battle (Jan 1943)
Rgt. HQ in Sarajevo with Gendarmerie Wings (Oruz.krila) Sarajevo, Jajce, Rogatica, Travnik, Vlasenica.
Order of Battle (1 Sep 1944)
Rgt. HQ in Sarajevo with county or local (kotar) sub-commands in Sarajevo (4 detachments), Travnik (3 detachments), Jajce (1 or 2 detachments).
1. Arhiv VII, kut. 114b, reg.br. 1/2; kut. 134a, reg.br. f.3/1-96; [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, Tom V/10, p.480; V/32; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-315 roll 2270/318); (T-501 roll 250/536); Narodne novine government gazette.
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.