26. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Baranja"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(26. pripremna ustaška bojna “Baranja”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Place and date of formation are not known, but the seat of Velika Župa Baranja was in Osijek. On 1 October 1942 the Bn. HQ was in Osijek, 1st Co. (light infantry) was deployed in the field, 2d, 3d and 4th Co. were all in Gutmanovci serving as railway guards. The Battalion reported 990 men on hand in a strength return dated 1 Dec 42. No further information has been found, but it was probably disbanded in 1943 and its personnel used to replenish other Ustasha units. (1)
1. NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.