24. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Bilo Gora"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(24. pripremna ustaška bojna “Bilo Gora”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Place and date of formation are not known, but the seat of Velika Župa Bilo Gora was in Bjelovar. On 1 October 1942 the Bn. HQ was in Bjelovar, 1st Co. was in Vel. Zdenci and Vrkovje, 2d Co. in Vel. Grdjevac and Pisanica, 3d Co. in Grubisno Polje, 4th Co. in Grubisno Polje, and 5th Co. in Mlinska. All five companies were assigned to local security duties. The Battalion gave it total strength as 400 on 1 Dec 42. No further information has been found, but it was probably disbanded in 1943 and its personnel used to replenish other Ustasha units. (1)
1. NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.