23. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Zagreb"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(23. pripremna ustaška bojna “Zagreb”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed in Zagreb but the date of formation is not known. On 1 October 1942 the Bn. HQ with 1st to 4th Co. were in Zagreb, and on 1 Dec 42 it gave its total strength as 527. No further information has been found, but it was probably disbanded in 1943 and its personnel used to replenish other Ustasha units. (1)
1. NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.