22. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Prigorje"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(22. pripremna ustaška bojna “Prigorje”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Began forming on 7 December 1941, presumably in Zagreb which was the seat of Velika Župa Prigorje. On 1 October 1942 Bn. HQ was in Zagreb, 1st Co. was assigned to security duties in Kutina, 2d Co. was in Kutina and Gojla on security duty, 3d Co. was doing the same in Velika Gorica and Kravar, while 4th Co. was a light infantry unit and was deployed in the field. These companies were understrength because the Battalion gave 433 as the total number of personnel belonging to it on 1 Dec 42. No further information has been found, but it was probably disbanded in 1943 and its personnel used to replenish other Ustasha units. (1)
1. NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627); Hrvatski narod issue for 7.12.41, p.3.
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -