(21. pripremna ustaška bojna “Vuka”)
by H.L. deZeng IV

Place and date of formation are not known, but the seat of Velika Župa Vuka was in Vukovar. Battalion elements were attached to the Syrmian Brigade on 7 July 1942, and on 1 Oct 42 the Bn. HQ was in Vukovar, 1st Co. was assigned to various Gendarmerie stations in Velika Župa Vuka, 2d Co. was in Gorević and Grgurević, 3d Co. was in Ledinci and Grgotek, and 4th Co. was in Krusedol. The Battalion gave its total strength as 395 on 1 Dec 42 with HQ still in Vukovar. No further information has been found, but it was probably disbanded in 1943 and its personnel used to replenish other Ustasha units. (1)

Footnotes

1. Colić – 1979; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627).

Reference material on this unit

- None known at this time -

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.