16. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Vrhbosna"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(16. pripremna ustaška bojna “Vrhbosna”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Place and date of formation are not known, but the seat of Velika Župa Vrhbosna was in Sarajevo. On 1 October 1942 the Bn. HQ was in Sarajevo with 1st to 3d Co. garrisoned in Srebrenica. The Battalion reported its strength as 320 on 1 Dec 42 with headquarters still in Sarajevo. No further information has been found, but it was probably disbanded in 1943 and its personnel used to replenish other Ustasha units. (1)
1. NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.