11. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Livac and Zapolje"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(11. pripremna ustaška bojna “Livac i Zapolje”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Began forming in Nova Gradiška, the seat of Velika Župa Livac and Zapolje, on 6 December 1941. On 1 October 1942 it consisted of a Bn. HQ, 1st Co. (light infantry) and 2d Co. (security), all of which were stationed in Nova Gradiška. Total strength was given as approximately 300 on 1 December 1942. Battalion elements took part in defending the village of Cernik/4 km NNE of Nova Gradiška during a night attack by 500 Partisans from the 1st Slavonian NOP Detachment on 25 December. In January 1943 it was being used as a rapid reaction force along the railway line Nova Gradiška to Slavonski Brod. No further mention of the Battalion has been found. (1)
1. [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda. Tom V/10, p.496; V/11, p.560; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 53/367; roll 448/627); Hrvatski narod, issue for 6.12.41, p.3.
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.