9. Ustasha Preparatory Battalion "Bribir and Sidraga"
- Published: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
- Last Updated: 07 February 2013 07 February 2013
(9. pripremna ustaška bojna “Bribir i Sidraga”)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Began forming in Drniš in April 1942, although the seat of Velika Župa Bribir and Sidraga was in Knin. By 1 October 1942 formation was completed and the Battalion was noted as consisting of men from the Ustasha tabor (cadre or cell) Drniš plus new recruits and conscripts with a total strength of 650 men. In August 1943 it was activated as the XVII Ustasha Battalion. (1)
1. Arhiv VII, kut. 134a, reg.br. 4/1; [ - ] - Zbornik Instituta za historiju radničkog pokreta Dalmacije, Knjiga (volume) 4, (Split, 1978), p.888; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 448/727).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.