(Dojavna središnja škola)
by H.L. deZeng IV

Established May 1941 in Zagreb from personnel of the former Royal Yugoslav Naval Telegraph School, but by fall 1941 it was training officers and NCOs for all branches of the armed forces although the instructors were mainly naval officers and petty officers. By April 1942 there were 350 students enrolled in various courses offered at the School. It moved from Zagreb to Slavonska Požega on 1 June 1942. A strength return for 1 June 1944 shows only 80 students still in attendance. In September 1944 the entire School deserted to the Partisans in Slavonska Požega. (1)

Commandant

Kapetan bojnog broda Dragan Andrić (May 1941 - ?)
Poručnik bojnog broda Makso Peršon (? - ?) 1942-1943
Satnik Ivan Sibenik (? - Sep 1944)

Footnotes

1. Arhiv VII, kut. 134a, reg.br. 4/1; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-821 roll 278/417).

Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.