Artillery NCO School (Croatia)
- Published: 19 February 2013 19 February 2013
- Last Updated: 19 February 2013 19 February 2013
(Topnička dočastnička škola)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Established in August or September 1941 in Petrovaradin. The composition of the School on 5 October 1943 was: HQ, 1st Battery (4 x 7.5 cm antitank guns), 2d Battery (2 x 10 cm howitzers), and 3d Battery (8 x 10 cm howitzers). By 1 March 1944 its composition had changed to: HQ, 1st Battery (4 x 10 cm mountain guns), 2d Battery (2 x 10 cm howitzers), and 3d Battery (2 x 10 cm howitzers). On 8 September 1944 the entire School with all of its weapons and equipment defected to the Partisans at Petrovaradin. (1)
1. Colić, Mladen - Takozvana Nezavisna Država Hrvatska 1941 (Belgrade: Delta-pres, 1973); [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Hronologija oslobodilačke borbe naroda jugoslavije 1941-1945 (Belgrade, 1964), p.916; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-315 roll 1535/010); Narodne novine issue 10.1.43.
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.