5. Military Frontier Battalion (Croatia)
- Published: 17 February 2013 17 February 2013
- Last Updated: 17 February 2013 17 February 2013
(5. Vokra bojna)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed mid-July 1941 in Bijeljina/49 km NE of Tuzla in East Bosnia by renaming the 5th Expeditionary Battalion. (1)
6 Sep 41: Battalion deployed in the Zvornik – Bijeljina area along the Drina River to the east of Tuzla.
Dec 41: Battalion HQ in Bileća/38 km NE of Dubrovnik in Hercegovina. [Note: this does not appear to be correct, even though it comes from primary sources].
5 May 42: Bn. HQ in Bijeljina with three companies (1st – 3d).
11 May 42: ordered disbanded this date and its men incorporated into II Corps.
Bojnik Krsto Prpić (? July 1941 - ?)
1. Arhiv VII, kut. 134a; Colić, Mladen - Takozvana Nezavisna Država Hrvatska 1941 (Belgrade: Delta-pres, 1973), pp.224-26; Colić, Mladen - Oružane snage NDH u Bosni i Hercegovini 1942-1943, in: AVNOJ i narodnooslobodilačka borba u Bosni i Hercegovini 1942-1943 (Belgrade, 1974), pp.346-47; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-314 roll 1531/067); (T-315 roll 2269/1002).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.