16. Infantry Regiment (Croatia)
- Published: 16 February 2013 16 February 2013
- Last Updated: 16 February 2013 16 February 2013
(16. pješačka pukovnija)
by H.L. deZeng IV
A I Battalion was ordered formed on 7 November 1941 in Ruma/Syrmia using volunteers from among Croatia’s Volksdeutsche population. No further units were formed and the regiment was never completed. I Battalion was renamed I Jäger Battalion on 21 January 1942. (1)
1. Colić, Mladen - Takozvana Nezavisna Država Hrvatska 1941, pp.295-98; Colić 1979, pp.161-62.
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.