2. (Domobran) Replacement Brigade (Croatia)
- Published: 16 February 2013 16 February 2013
- Last Updated: 16 February 2013 16 February 2013
(II. doknadni zdrug)
by H.L. deZeng IV
Formed February 1944 with HQ in Vinkovci by reorganizing and greatly expanding the 1st Recruit Regiment. (1)
Brigade concerned with replacement and training activities and had little contact with enemy forces.
Nov 44: disbanded following the loss of Syrmia in October and early November 1944 and its assets mainly used to replenish other units.
General Ivan Šarnbek (Mar 1944 - c. Oct 1944)
Bojnik Skaldini, acting (Oct 1944 - Nov 1944)
Podpukovnik Dorwhalde? (Nov 1944 - Nov 1944)
II Territorial Corps- (Feb 1944 - 30 Nov 1944)
Order of battle (15 Aug 1944)
Brigade HQ and headquarters elements in Vinkovci
2d Replacement Rgt. with HQ in Zemun
I Replacement Jäger Bn. (1st – 4th Co.) in Zemun
II Replacement Jäger Bn. (1st – 4th Co.) in Vinkovci
III Replacement Jäger Bn. (1st – 4th Co.) in Hrv. Mitrovica
II Replacement Garrison Bn. (1st – 4th Co.) in Slavonska Požega
II Replacement Railway Security Bn. (1st – 3d Co.) in Nova Gradiška
II Replacement Artillery Group (HQ Battery and 1st – 4th Batteries) in Petrovaradin, Osijek and Banja- Luka
XVI Artillery Group (cadre only) attached in Slavonski Brod
XVIII Artillery Group (cadre only) attached in Petrovaradin
II Replacement Engineer Bn. (1st – 2d Co.) in Brčko
II Replacement Signal Detachment (1st – 2d Co.) in Slavonska Požega
2d Replacement Motor Transport Co. in Osijek
2d Replacement Medical Co. in Petrovaradin
2d Replacement Supply Co. (Butchery- and Bakery Platoons) in Osijek
1. Arhiv VII Belgrade, kut. 60, reg.br. 32/2; Colić 1976, p.1050; [Vojnoistorijski institute] - Zbornik dokumenata I podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda. Tom IV/30, p.102; IV/31, p.824; NARA WashDC: RG 242 (T-311 roll 193/1164); RG 331 (roll 447-B).
Reference material on this unit
- None known at this time -
Do you have any corrections or additions to the material presented on the site?
Please help us improve the site by sending them to us.